Happy November to all of you! All year long, I try to show gratitude to those I love, my clients and show random acts of kindness. But when November rolls around, I turn up the gratitude feels to a whole other level.
This year, I decided to compile a list of ways to show gratitude, which are so easy to do on a day to day basis.
1. Be an Active Listener – as in really listen to what someone is saying to you. Put down your phone, turn off the TV and listen, really listen.
2. Compliment, Compliment, Compliment – who doesn’t love a compliment?? Giving a compliment feels good for you and the person receiving the compliment.
3. Hand Write Notes – Instead of texting or sending an email, take the time to write a note and buy a stamp to tell someone how much you appreciate them.
4. Gratitude Journal – Take a few moments everyday to WRITE DOWN what you are grateful for each day.
5. Random Act of Kindness – I sometimes do this in Starbucks – I pay for the person’s order behind me!
6. Tip Well for Good Service – Tip a little larger than normal for good service. That will be so appreciated by the server!
7. Donate – Make November a time when you donate to your charity of choice!
8. I’m Sorry! – Have you been holding off on apologizing for something. November is a great way to show gratitude by saying you are sorry.
9. Patience – Exhibit patience, even if you are in a rush; even if you are on your last nerve with the kids. Be the calm in the chaos.
10. Share your Beauty – YOU are important and special. Share with the world all the wonderful things that make YOU — YOU!!!
What are you doing to show gratitude this November? Leave a message under this Friday’s Favorites Facebook post.
Find out more about how I am “Capturing Life’s Beautiful Moments” in my All Natural Light Studio and On Location as the Augusta GA Newborn Photographer and Augusta GA Family Photographer in the greater Augusta, GA area by visiting my website www.MaryBethsPhotography.com