Kids home for the Summer? Check. Red, white, and blue everything? Check. Fireworks? Check. Fourth of July crafts and recipes? Check. Happy Independence Day, everyone! The fourth is always a fun holiday to celebrate because not only are the kids home from school to do crafts, but a general sense of celebration fills the air around this time. This year Brenna and I decided to make patriotic slime then fueled up with a red, white, and blue parfait. We had so much fun enjoying each other’s company and there was nothing better than seeing the pure excitement on Brenna’s face when she made the slime. We hope you and yours have just as much fun together making this patriotic craft and snack as we did.
- Red , White and Blue Plastic Stars
(we bought the bag from Hobby Lobby)
- Baking Soda
- Elmer’s Glue
- Contact Solution
- Pour all glue out of bottle into bowl.
- Add plastic stars and mix.
- Add 1/2 a spoonful of baking soda and mix.
- Slowly squirt a small amount contact solution into bowl and mix. Add more if it does not form a blob and continue to add more if it is super sticky. After adding more contact solution, if the slime is still sticky, add a little bit more baking soda.*
- Keep working with your hands.
- Place in air tight bag or container (we like to use jars) to keep slime from drying out.
*Directions are estimates and can be and/or will need to be modified based on brand, quantity of supplies.
Healthy 4th of July Parfaits
- Cut up strawberries
- Crushed rice Chex cereal
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Layer blueberries in parfait dish.
- Next a layer of yogurt.
- Layer crushed Chex.
- Add a layer of strawberries.
- Add a dollop of yogurt to the top.
Enjoy this healthy treat that is doubly delicious too!